Welcome to Sassafras SystemsWelcome to Sassafras Systems
Home  ·  Your Account  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  

Search

Modules

Sassafras Systems: Forums

Control Panel

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sassafras Systems Forum Index -> SassaNews -> SassaNews 1.1 not working

Author
Message View previous topic :: View next topic  

kevin
 Site Admin
 Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:57 pm  
 Post subject: Re: SassaNews 1.1 not working

Your assumption is correct - SassaNews creates an RSS (XML) file that phpNuke can parse into headlines with links in a block. Since it works correctly here, let's try to find out what's different on your server. Send an email (the link is below this message) with the details (what version of phpNuke, do you have any RSS enhancements, etc.).

kevin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:41 pm  
 Post subject: Re: SassaNews 1.1 not working

Yes - they've added a table format now, so they can insert pictures in some items, but not all. It appears to work only on those items that have pictures. I looked at it last week, but have been busy with other things. I'll get back to it soon, hopefully. Unfortunately, since Google News has been around for some time and it's still in Beta, I would guess they will continue to tweak it for various purposes. I am thinking of using Yahoo instead since Yahoo provides syndication and the quality continues to improve there.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sassafras Systems Forum Index -> SassaNews -> SassaNews 1.1 not working